Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cambodia: Sihanoukville, Part 2

Sunday morning Erin and I managed to drag ourselves out of bed and down for a late breakfast in our guesthouse restaurant. We had made plans to meet our new friend Cooper, so around 2:00 pm we hopped on the back of his motorbike and sped to the outdoor market. In Saturday night's madness, I managed to come home with very large men's flip flops, so I had to buy a new pair (this makes flip-flop pair #6 since I have been traveling...the first pair I have had to buy, though). Cooper eventually dropped us off, and, feeling rather hungry, Erin and I headed to the beach for a snack and coffee. Later that evening, we once again met up with Cooper for a lovely (albeit expensive) dinner before saying goodbye and crashing into bed early.


Occheuteal Beach in Sihanoukville. Posted by Picasa

Yesterday, our last in Sihanoukville, was what I would call a "perfect" day at the beach. Erin and I had breakfast before I put us through a much-needed full body workout...complete with jumping rope (which I brought with me for just the occasion), lunges, squats, and of course, crunches (I even managed to coerce a hefty Australian guy to join us!). Feeling fit, we headed back to Utopia to relax in hammocks, throw frisbee with Cooper, and enjoy the much less crowded section of beach. I even went for a long, wonderful walk...my favorite! Aaaaahhh....it was a perfect way to end our short trip to the beach.


Utopia...the site of many unmentionables... Posted by Picasa

This morning Erin and I awoke early, and after a quick breakfast, boarded our bus back to Phnom Penh, arriving in town around 1:30 pm. We found the "Okay" Guesthouse near the river, a lovely place boasting clean rooms and cheap food (even though the male receptionist was the biggest jerk I have ever met in my life!). We tried to venture out into the heat for lunch, but quickly realized that the cheapest place around was our guesthouse. After lunch, Erin went shopping while I lazily spent the entire afternoon doing nothing more than browsing the internet and watching movies. Tomorrow morning we have to board a 7:00 am bus that will take us to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam! I cannot wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home